Zombie Apocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Glass

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Broken Glass Empty Broken Glass

Post by PrintedShadows Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Harley got out of her car, putting her pistol back in the glove box. It was a car her Mom had bought her, a 2011 Chevy Camero. The windego she came for was dead. The sad thing being she got there too late to save the family it was stalking. She turned the car over, shaking the sight of the dead children out of her head and driving back north to Colorado, to a bar she knew pretty well. She was friends with the bartenders, and owners, daughter, Jo Harvelle.

It was only about an hours drive, but the roads were empty and needed a drink, so she floored it, making it there in only a half hour. "Ay." She nodded, walking into the empty bar.

"Harley. Been awhile." Jo smiled at her, shoving her papers into a bag.

"Yeah. Any new cases?" It was the usual. Harley kind of worked for them, but she didn't mind. It gave her a roof and food. Ever since a demon killed her family she'd been on the run.

"Yeah. But you need a drink." Jo got up, pouring Harley a glass of Jack Daniels. Then handing it to her.

Harley took it, staring at it for a moment before downing it. "I didn't get there quick enough."
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

https://darleyrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Broken Glass Empty Re: Broken Glass

Post by TwistLikeBieber Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Daniel's truck slowed to a stop. "Come on." he hit the gas meter, watching it spike up before dropping dead. "Well hell." He got out, digging in the flatbed for a gas can. Luckily it had about half it's container in gas, so he poured it in and was able to drive more to a gas station/bar. Perfect. He got out, hooking his truck up and looking over at the 2011 Camero in the lot. Sweet ride. Walking into the almost empty bar, he sat at the counter on a barstool. "Anything you've got works." He said, throwing down a $10 bill.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Fri May 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Harley and Jo exchanged a quick glance. "Bar's closed." Harley muttered, but Joe was up and already taking his cash.

"Gotta pay the bills. Ay where's Ash?" She hollered to the back, but got no answer. She got out the same bottle she used for Harley, filling him a shotglass.

Harley watched him for a second, folding her phone back into her pocket she got up, walking over at sitting down a few stools. "Didn't want you having to walk." She laughed.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Daniel nodded a thanks, drinking it down before looking at the woman a few stools away from him. He decided to just stay quiet, looking through his messages on his phone.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sat May 11, 2013 12:38 am

Jo looked him over, leaning against the counter. "You from out of town?" She asked, glancing outside at his truck.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 am

Daniel looked at her. "Yeah. Canada ring any bells?" He said.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sat May 11, 2013 8:38 am

Harley bit back a laugh. What hunter came from Canada? Jo looked over at her, telling her to shut it. "Yeah. I've got family that moved up there." She paused, looking down more at her hands now. "What brought you to the states?"
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sat May 11, 2013 8:41 am

Daniel looked at the other girl, then back at the one he had been talking to. "Hunting and other shit." He said, leaning back.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 12:31 am

"Huh." Jo was doing good not to laugh. "Other shit is always interesting."
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 12:33 am

Daniel looked between them again. They were obviously laughing to each other about something, probably about him. "Well.. bye." He said, walking out to his car and getting in again.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 12:37 am

"Bye." Harley finally spoke at him, watching him leave. "Night Jo." She got up, walking to the guest bed that was pretty well hers.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 12:39 am

Daniel drove for a bit before he had to pull over at the side of the road. The transformation pushed at his body, soon turning it into a grizzly bear's.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 12:42 am

Harley fell asleep inside of the safety or the bar, but Jo decided to go outside to have a smoke. She leaned against the wall, lighting her cigarette.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 12:44 am

Daniel had wandered back towards the bar, the smell of smoke filling his nose from a few hundred feet away. He stood hidden in trees, staring at Jo, digging his claws into the ground.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 12:46 am

Jo heard something, but coyotes weren't uncommon here so she just ignored it taking another puff.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 12:48 am

Running out of the cover of the bush, Daniel jumped up, his heavy body landing heavily on Jo's. He basically mauled her chest, biting her neck and ripping it open with his jaws.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 12:49 am

Jo didn't even know what hit her. She saw whatever it was on top of her, but then she blacked out, her body staying there to be found in the morning.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 12:51 am

Daniel ate his fill, then stalked off, finding his way back to his car. By that time he changed back human, laying stretched out in the backseat with brown fur and blood covering his body.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 9:32 pm

(texting catch up.. starts with printed)

Harley woke up hearing the sounds of police radios outside. "Bear attack. No doubt about it." One of the officers said. Harley stepped outside, soon, and barley recognizing her friend. Jo's mom was crying over her body.

---

Bg
Daniel woke up with a grunt, sitting up. Why he was covered in fur and blood, he didn't know. He was able to lint roll the fur off- he'd had to do so a lot lately- but the blood wasn't going anywhere.

--

BG
Harley went back inside, quickly reviewing the security tapes. Shapeshifter's eyes would flash white if you caught them. She finally got a pause on Daniel, his eyes flickering in the camera.

---

Bg
daniel ended up sitting on the hood of his car, smoking some weed he carried with him. He looked around as he did.

---

Bg
Harley let the police take Jo's body away, then letting Ash get back inside. "Dude last night was a shifter. Wanta bet same one that killed her?" She asked.

---

Bg
Daniel finished off his stash for the day, driving on to the next town and hoping to find food. He was starving, though he had a wierd sense of fullness.

---

BG
Harley talked to him, eventually coming to the conclusion they should hunt it down. Harley got in her car, starting to drive around and look for him.

---

BG
Daniel looked up when he saw the camero. And another car. This bitch again.

---

BG
Harley spotted him at right about the same time, pulling up next to him. "Nice trick last night. But that was a hunter's bar."

----

BG
"What the hell are you talking about?" Daniel raised an eyebrow.

---

BG
"I'm talking about the fact you killed her. Shifter." She spat.

---

Bg.
"Me. A shifter. Funny." Daniel laughed, leaning against his car.

---

BG
"Bear. Grizzly. Bear." She smiled at him.

---

BG
"No... Well. That might explain a lot. But no. Just. No." Daniel shook his head over and over.

---

BG
"Well you killed my best friend." She pulled out her pistol, shooting him where it should of killed him in the chest. "So." She got back in her car, speeding off.

---

Bg.
Daniel grabbed his chest, blood pouring down his hand and arms. He had to sit down. "Fuck.." he growled. He knew he wouldn't die but it hurt like hell

---

Bg
Harley drove back home, not caring who found him. She was long gone. "Killed him. But I'm leaving town." She said to the few people she trusted inside, then driving north.

---

Bg.
Daniel ended up shifting. Running north. It took him forever to fine the camero, but he eventually did and took his claws, scaping them on the car, growling as he struggled to breathe.

---

BG
Harley screamed, seeing it outside her car. Then the window smashed it, but she was stuck.

---

Bg
Daniel bit her shirt, dragging her outside and into the woods, growling. He snarled after dropping her.

---

BG
Harley looked up at him, wanting to run but she was too scared. "Daniel.. I know you're in there and you don't want to kill me."

---

Bg.
"Daniel's not home. You wanted to kill me, you shot me to do so." he bit down on her arm, but couldn't do much.he got sent back to human form.

---

Bg
Harley screamed again, feeling his teeth in her arm. Then he shifted back. "You killed first." She spat.

---

Bg
"Its not my fault. I cant control it." Daniel sighed, taking off his shirt and wrapping it around her arm.

--

Bg
-i- Don't get distracted.-/i- Harley tried not to look at his abs. "If you know what you are let me kill you." She said, wincing at his fingers.

---

Bg
"No. Im not gonna let you kill me." he growled. "I deserve to live as much as the next person.

---

Bg
"Person?" She asked, trying to get up but he was on top of her. "Is that what you think you are?"

--

Bg
Daniel stared at her, standing. "I know thats what I am." He said, turning and walking to his car, getting in and driving off.

---

Bg
Harley got up, holding her one arm as she climbed back into her car, brushing the glass out of it.

---

Daniel drove home. Which was a cave. Yeah, he was homeless. He sat down on his rock ledge, looking down. He was a human.

---

Bg
Harley finally got back, grabbing a bottle of rum and a set of clean bandages. "What the hell happened?" Ash questioned her, knowing what she had planned.

"Didn't kill the bastard apparently." She grit her teeth when she flipped the bottle, letting the alcohol clean the wound.

---

Bg
daniel ran his hand over his wrist. It wasn't his fault he changed. He was born like this. He yawned, laying on his side.

---

Bg
Harley finally went to bed, just trying not to think about what had happened.

---

Bg
when daniel woke in the morning, he went into the woods, sitting in a tree overlooking the bar. The police had left, thank God."

---

Bg
Harley woke up, finding the others already up. The usualy business, business. The main job being Daniel.

---

Daniel stared in her bedroom window, blinking a few times. He had to figure out what to do. Maybe just let himself be captured?

---

Bg
Harley kept feeling like she was being watched, but there wasn't anytime to deal with that. She finally went outside, trying to do something with her window.

---

Bg.
"Harley." daniel called out to her, jumping down from the tree.

---

Bg
"Get away from me." Harley warned, trying to find her pistol but it was no where in sight.

---

Bg
"Im a person. Not a monster." Daniel took careful steps towards her.

---

Bg
"Says the one that mauled my friend and bit me." Harley had no choice but to stand her ground, but he was taller than her. Ruining the point.

---

Bg
"I'm not a monter!" daniel yelled, a growl coming off his voice as he punched a tree.

---

Bg
"Your a shifter. Small difference." She watched him punch the tree, still working on standing her ground.

---

Daniel grabbed her, throwing her down. "No. Theres not." he growled lowly.

---

Bg
Harley was on the ground again. "Yes there is! Humans don't do... That." She knew running her mouth might end badly.

---

Bg
"What are you trying to do? Make me feel like shit about myself? Well its working and i am sorry about your friends just... Stop making me feel... Horribly about who i am." Daniel sighed.

---

Bg
"What. What you are." Harley corrected. "I'm trying to kill you. That's what."

---

Bg.
"I'm a fucking human and I have feelings too." daniel spat, walking away fo his cave.

---

Bg
Harley got up, still not being able to do crap with her window. She'd probably have to take it to a body shop. But that still left her with the issue of him not being dead.

---

BG
daniel sat, staring at a small fire he'd made. He poked it with a stick, sighing.

---

Bg
"Do we go after him?" Harley was on a call with a few of her friends.

"No."

"What? Why?" She asked.

"Give it a week. See what he does."

So Harley just found a motel, staying under the radar for a week.

---

BG
daniel ended up killing a few more people over the week. By the end of it, he was laying in his cave, eating a person whole. He was too hungry to do otherwise. His paws were bloodsoaked.

--

Bg
Harley had been keeping up with the 'bear attacks'. 3 in a week. And then Jo. He'd gone crazy. She drove back into town, starting to try and find him in the woods.

---

Bg
Daniel sood up, dragging the bones out of his cave and burying them in the ground. He heard footsteps and looked up. Oh god. Not harley again.

---

Bg
Harley still didn't see him. It was still kinda early in the morning and the trees had a good shadow.

---

BG
Daniel crept silently on hi paws behind her. When he was a few feet away he finally spoke. "Im a person. Im just an animal also." He growled.

---

Bg
Harley froze, hearing him behind her. "Four dead in a week." She tried to just stay calm. Being eaten alive didn't sound fun. "And you could of killed me already but you don't. Why?"

---

Bg
"I tried being nice. But you refuse to see me for who i am." Daniel forced himself to shift back to his human form.

---

Bg
"What you are." She corrected again. "Your a shifter that keeps killing, and I'm a hunter. We're not supposed to get along."

---

Bg
"Im a person that has an alter side as a shifter." Daniel huffed, running a hand through his hair roughly.

---

Bg
"That still doesn't explain why you didn't just kill me." She still hadn't turned around. She was partly afraid to. "A person." She mocked. "Like you killed my family."

---

Bg
his hand turned into a paw with claws. Just his hand. "If you really want to get killed i wont hesitate to kill you." he growled. "Like the -i-monster-/i- I am."

---

Bg
"You didn't see me hesitate on shooting you." Harley finally looked back at him, seeing his paw. "That. Right there. You are not a person."

---

Bg
"I'm a person and a monster!" Daniel yelled now.

---

Bg
"So you admit it!" Harley yelled, it was just a little quieter than Daniel did. "You admit to what you are." She finally reached around, pulling out her pistol. "I don't want to shoot you and not kill you. Just give up."

---

Bg
Daniel dropped his hand. "Fine, kill me if you really want to." he said, calmly now.

---

Bg
Harley stared at him. She needed to kill him. Her job was to kill things like him. She even raised her gun to shoot. It just wasn't happening. "Why didn't you kill me the other night. You could of. But you bit my arm instead." She dropped her gun, letting it fall to the ground.

---

Bg
"I don't know. But if you'd excuse me, Im hungry and need food. You want to get eaten or should I choose someone alse?" He shifted, shaking his head.

---

Bg
"Your going to get caught." Harley stood there, waiting for him to move before she did. "And I'm the only thing stopping my friends from killing you."

---

Bg
"Not if I kill them first." daniel growled, running off, following the trail he saw her come from. He then saw the condo, and who he assumed to be her friends sitting outside of it.

---

Harley eventually reached down to get her gun, then started back home. Her friends were all outside, but she just said hi and went inside.

---

Daniel couldn't take 3 hunters. It wouldn't happen. He turned and walked back into the woods, his stomach empty.

---

And another week passed. Harley kept trying to think of why he hadn't killed her. He had three good chances, and could probably find more. She was currently sitting on the side of the road, her laptop in her lap, emailing a few friends about what was going on. She wanted him back. She wanted to be able to talk to him again.

---

Daniel was sitting in a tree in his human form, on a high branch, watching Harley. He had halfway accepted the fact that he had feelings for her. He just couldnt let anybody, not even himself know it was true.

---

Harley sat in her car for another minute. That creepy feeling of being watched growing over her. She eventually got out, looking around. "I know your there."

---

Daniel climbed down, staying out of her sight till he was next her drivers window, she was looking out the passenger on. "Why do you keep coming back."

---

Harley jumped, having been looking out the other widow then hearing him at her window. "I don't understand you."

---

"Good, you shouldn't." Daniel said. "Answer my question. Sitting out here trying to find me wont help you understand me any more."

---

"Maybe it will. You don't know that." Harley smiled, turning off her car.

---

"What's more to know about me? To you im a monster that you want to kill. You dont understand me." He said. "You dont understand -i-who i am.-/i-"

--

"What I don't understand is why you don't kill me." She countered. "Why you don't leave town. Why you don't run like every other monster."

---

"You want me to run away from here? I will." Daniel snapped, walking away and to his cave, grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder with a sigh.

---

"I didn't say that." Harley locked her car, following him. "Is this seriously where you live?"

---

"What'd you expect?" Daniel put out the small fire that was burning.

---

"A house." Harley said a little softer. She felt kinda bad for him.

---

Daniel finally tied a bandana around his head, facing her. "Monsters don't live in houses." he mocked her, walking out of the cave.

---

"Well I'm sorry that I don't find you becoming a bear every now and then normal. Maybe if you just killed deer and tried to stay under the radar but no. You have to kill innocent people." Harley was still following him.

---

Daniel just kept walking. "I didn't choose this." He said.

---

"And you think I choose to have my family killed by a demon?" She snapped. "I wasn't born a hunter. I became one to kill the son-of-a-bitch that killed my mom. My sister. And even after I killed her I kept killing, trying to save people from what happened to me."
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 9:33 pm

"Well then why haven't you killed me yet?" Daniel shrugged, still not looking at her.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Harley got silent for a minute. There was no answer. "I asked you the same thing. And I'll give you the same answer. I don't know."
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 9:40 pm

"Well I don't see why we're talking then. You can stop following me now." Daniel huffed, walking off.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Harley could tell he wanted to disappear again, so she let him. She eventually found her car again, driving off again. Then she got a report of a vampire east of there. Calling a few of her friends, she changed course, driving for the last known location of the vampire.
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistLikeBieber Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Daniel had changed form by then, and was now walking when he heard a rustling nearby. Then he looked over and saw a person. No. A vampire. He hated those things. Hoping it didn't see him, he crawled close to the ground as he got behind it, then charged, knocking it over and ripping its surprisingly tough skin open, clamping down on it's neck. He took the opportunity to eat it.
TwistLikeBieber
TwistLikeBieber

Back to top Go down

Post by PrintedShadows Sun May 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Harley had just gotten out of her car when she heard a scream. The others weren't even there yet. She ran over, finding.. a bear.. on her vampire. "Daniel." She said. "Tell me that's you and not a real bear."
PrintedShadows
PrintedShadows
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum